The Context of the Game
The context of FAR Colony is at the 23th century, at one time when the human being travels towards other stars by the use of hyperdrives. It is a mixture of “hard science fiction” with elements of traditional space-opera from of which here various characteristics:
- In spite of the advanced technological level, the spacecrafts remain expensive to work out and build.
- Space travel remain a risked adventure, with many technical constraints.
- The hyperdrives allow to carry out fast interstellar transits between 2 stellar systems, but these technologies are still young and far from being controlled.
- There is no extraterrestrial civilization in the game. Not with a practical aim, but because stellar exploration by the human being of the universe is very recent. On the other hand the extraterrestrial life exists in all its forms.
- There are few planets similar to Earth. Without being hells, the majority of the ecosystems require a more or less heavy adaptation.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free iPhone documentation generator